A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, June 22, 2012

Cerro Bonita Ranch (Part III)

Making my way back to the cabin from walking to the generator house to take a picture of the bear scrape on the door frame.  Half way to the generator I heard a loud growl like a big old bear but it was Ron trying to scare me.  What really got my attention was hearing a snap on a branch on the hill back behind the generator and decided I better head back to the cabin pronto!

Looking at the cabin as I make my way back.

Karen climbed up on one side to the cabin to see what was in a nest she found.

A nest of eggs!


Mama bird circling and trying to get back to her eggs.

Karen found this rusty old ice pick or log carrier while we were coming in towards the cabin and told Ron to stop.  She got out and ran over and picked it up.  It's no telling how long it had laid there in the woods and her keen eyes saw it and is now displayed at the cabin as a conversational piece.  They are hamming it up!

Ike having a blast fetching sticks as we threw them into the brook.

Taking life easy!

The sun setting over the "beautiful mountain" after a fun filled day at the cabin.

1 comment:

Lindsjö taxar said...

Grat pictures and nice report!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...