A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, June 02, 2012

Farmers' Market This Morning

Earlier this morning I headed to town to our annual Vicksburg's Farmers Market looking for some tomatoes.  I was able to purchase some and also ran into some friends who have a stand every year at the market.  It was good to see Rosemary again who makes different varieties of pepper jelly and homemade jams with help from Joe Harrison.  I bought a jar of lemon pepper jelly and blackberry jam. Lemon pepper jelly is great on a block of cream cheese with crackers.  I also found some fig preserves made by Dogwood Hollow Farm of Seminary, MS.  

When I was little we had a fig tree in our backyard and I was forever climbing in it and eating all the figs.  I was also allergic to the milk that came from the stems if it broke and will develop a rash.  One day, my parents cut the tree down and that was the end of that!  I really love figs and look forward to coming to the market or any flea market to find some fig preserves...my favorite!  




Rosemary Murphy with Joe Harrison.

Check out Parsley, Sage & Thyme by Rosemary at the corner of Jackson and Washington Streets at the Vicksburg Farmers' Market!  for great homemade jelly and jams!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...