A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Forthcoming Marriage


My nephew, Joey Ables (Christopher Joseph) will be getting married in two weeks from today to a very nice lady, Candice Landers.  I do wish them all the best of luck in the world!  

This has undoubtedly been the busiest year in our family for babies and marriages. We have had two great grandchildren born in New Mexico, my oldest daughter, Theresa, re-married at St. Paul Catholic Church and another nephew, Marion Love, III, (Bubba) re-married at the Old Court House Museum.  I was also fortunate to have had two paid vacations thrown in with one to Santa Fe, NM and the other to Fredericksburg, VA, to visit my youngest daughter, Suzi and her family.  This date just so happens to be the day I got married for the first time back in 1962 and also the day I retired from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineer in 1995 with 25 years of service.  I hope things will calm down with hunting season just around the corner.  I'm so ready to get in the woods to hog and/or deer hunt.  

My sincere congratulations to Joey and Candice and I'm looking forward to celebrating their wedding day real soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...