A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, September 28, 2012

Steve's Comical Hunt With His Hunting Buddy

As the story goes....Steve was hunting with his buddy, Wilf Schwarz, both of British Columbia, on September 25th, sitting only approximately 70 to 80 yards apart.  (see map below) 

Wilf was on one field, and I was covering the other.  Unknown to him at the time, Wilf, also had a nice buck in front of him at 20 yards, along with a couple of smaller bucks, but he wouldn't stand right for a good shot, and was waiting patiently for that perfect shot.  Well, all of a sudden his deer takes off and runs way down to the other end of the field for no apparent reason.  Here I am, at the very same time, also waiting for the big boy in front of me to come in closer for that perfect shot too...and when he did, I lined up on him, and got myself a bulls eye!  Off he went on a gallop.  Well, at the same time Wilf's deer took off running, I guess I was shooting my buck, because Wilf said that only a few moments after they took off, here comes my buck, racing through the back door (tractor land from the two fields), runs over in front of him at around 15 yards, runs around in circles like a dog trying to lay down, and down he goes, right in from of him.  It just doesn't get any better than that...eh...LOL. 

It was hilarious because we usually call each other when one of us gets a deer, so the other guy can come and help track it...but it was Wilf who called me this time, instead of the other way around, to whine about me chasing away his buck and to let me know mine was in his lap!  It was a very comical and a hunt we will always be joking about for years to come. 


Steve Kane, my hunting FACEBOOK friend, with his nice buck that he got with his bow and arrow.  

Map of hunting area.

Steve took this picture behind his ground blind on an awesome day to remember for the rest of his life. My congrats to him on getting his comical/memorable buck in our great wild outdoors!

1 comment:

Lindsjö taxar said...

Interesting...cant wait until Monday!! our roe hunting starts with dogs and we have taken 2 days off work for hunting with them..check my posts .
Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...