A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, January 08, 2013

My Successful Saturday Afternoon Hunt

I had a late start on my afternoon hunt because I had to lay down and take a much needed nap.  I don't sleep well the first night anywhere I go, so while the guys were watching Ole Miss and Pittsburgh play football in the BBVA Compass Bowl, which they won, I laid down for a couple of hours.  It was about 3:30 when Mark and I left to go to the North Cornfield Stand in the gator to hunt together with a light rain falling. We were not in the stand five to ten minutes when a turkey came out, a fawn, does and three small bucks.  Could not believe it.  Below are some pictures I took while on the deer stand. (Click on pictures to enlarge)





I believe this may have been the doe I shot at since it was the closest at 123 yards.  

So proud and thankful for my 120 lb. doe and to Mark for taking my picture!  

My mentor and blogging friend, Rex, (Deer Camp Blog) with my doe.

4 comments:

Born in the wrong Century said...

Congratulations on a very nice doe.

Editor said...

great pics and a great time
hope to see youagain soon. Rex

Lindsjö taxar said...

Congrats to the hunt with success!! Great pictures of you...you must have been really happy....

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks Rick, Editor and Lindsjo taxar...yes, I had a great time and yes, I was really happy to get a deer and can't wait to go back and try and get a hog or two! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...