Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...

Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...
Stories of my hunting experiences with family, friends and whatever else I want to blog about.

Monday, January 07, 2013

Off To A Good Start

We got to the famous Christmas Place and Hunting Club on the edge of the MS Delta around 4:30 and just missed Spencer (Rex's son) heading to the Levee Stand where he shot this very nice 10 point buck.  Way to go Spencer!  It's been awhile since he has gotten a buck and you can see that getting on a stand late you still have a great chance of getting a deer.  Also, Brandon got a nice doe so we were off to a great weekend at the camp.  My congrats to Spencer and Brandon in our great outdoors! 

Spencer with his very nice 10 point buck as Rex and Camo look on.  

Brandon with his nice doe!

My Rainy Morning Hunt:

My first hunt at camp was on the Game Warden Stand.  This stand is right up against a wildlife refuge and you drive by the Game Warden quarters to get to it. Rex drove me in his vehicle because it was raining and dropped me off at dark-thirty.  I walked across a big field and climb up the ladder to settle in and hopefully get a deer or hog.  Saw the sun trying to peak through the morning clouds at one time but it started raining a good bit and never saw anything off of the stand. About 9:25 I got down walked down the road hunting when I met Rex and Mark coming to pick me up.  I have seen deer off of it only during a youth hunt and across at the refuge where you could not hunt and see boatload of deer walking out.  Also, one other time Bob and I hunted together in this stand and saw a big black hog running down the road through the brush and he shot at it and missed. Below are some pictures I took while on my first hunt Saturday morning.

Looking towards the refuge in the distance as daylight was breaking.

Looking out the right side window.

Sunrise

More rain coming down and you can see the hog wallow to the left.
Rain Rain go away come again another day!

Got this neat shot of rain drops on a branch out the right side window.

Took a picture of the Game Warden Stand as I was leaving.

A long (football) field looking to the left and ...

...to the right.  Too bad I did not see anything off of it.  

5 comments:

CDGardens said...

The weekend sure started off good with Spencer and Brad's deer. Congratulations to them! You had a great place to get in out of the rain to hunt.Thanks for showing us what you saw while you were out and about.:)

Marian Love Phillips said...

Yes, the Game Warden stand is really nice and glad you liked what I saw. I think that is very interesting to show that! :)

Brandon Emerson said...

Hey Marian that's my doe! Not my brothers...haha. Great hunting with y'all this past weekend

Brandon Emerson said...

Hey that's my doe not my brothers! Don't give him any extra credit. Enjoyed hunting with y'all this weekend! Excited to do it again next year

Marian Love Phillips said...

Thanks for letting me know Brandon and sorry about that! We have to give credit where credit is due! Fixed it! Looking forward to seeing you guys again next season and yes, it was a lot of fun and was nice meeting both of you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...