A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, May 27, 2013

A Memorial Day Memory ~ Thomas B. Huff



Thomas Blanchard Huff was an artillery sargeant in the 104th Timberwolf Division of the U.S. Army during World War II. He was born in 1915 and his father died when he was 8 years old. He started working as a pharmacist's assistant at that time and worked steadily until he was in his 70s. Thomas, along with the Timberwolves liberated Nordhausen Concentration Camp. The memories of this place haunted him until the day he died. He was a member of Amvets, Veterans of Foreign Wars and Disabled American Veterans. He held offices and was commander of these organizations. Along with his wife, Josephine Rice Huff, he served his community through these organizations for a long time after he served his country in Europe. He was a brave soldier and a good friend. Above all he was a Godly man, a loving husband, father, grandfather, son, brother, uncle and friend. His good nature, sense of humor and gentle and generous heart caused him to be loved by all who knew him.


Words from his daughter, Tomi Lynn - On Memorial Day, I like to remember my father, Thomas Huff. He was the best man I have ever known. He was a loving father, a faithful and loving husband, a devoted son and a great friend to everyone who knew him. He was also a brave soldier during World War 2. He helped liberate Nordhausen the Nazi concentration camp. His father died when he was 8 years old. That is when he went to work as a pharmacist's assistant. I will always be grateful to him and will miss him until I take my last breath.

Note:  My late grandmother, Della and my cousin Tom's grandmother, Myra, were sisters.  This is my way of honoring a good man that fought for his country and what a character he was!  I love and miss him so much! 

2 comments:

tomi said...

Thank you, Missy. I love you. God bless you.
Tomi

Marian Ann Love said...

You are welcome cuz! I love you too! Your Dad was a good man and I loved him very much. This was a great way to honor him on Memorial Day and glad you liked it. He served his country well. Miss him a lot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...