A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Mother's Day

I really had a very nice Mother's Day. My daughter, Kathy, took me to Shoney's for breakfast and then to Wal-Mart and bought me a beautiful fern for my front porch.  I was visited by my daughter, Debra and her husband, Matt, who have only been married three weeks now.  My granddaughter, Lucy, also came with them and gave me some beautiful purple Iris from her.  My daughter and new son-in-law gave me a gift card from Cracker Barrel.  I received a card from my daughter Theresa and talked to her as well. She has been having some health issues lately and could not make the drive to Vicksburg but was good talking to her.  My youngest daughter, Suzi, who lives in Virginia had sent me a pretty Mother's Day card and got to talk to her as well while she was feeding the newest addition to our family, Kate, who is now a month old.  Also, got to talk to my granddaughter, Emma, who is 5 years old.  With the beautiful flowers yesterday from my step-daughter and her husband, Ron, I really had a wonderful Mother's Day and can't complain.  Very fortunate indeed and Blessed.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...