A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

M/V O. H. Ingram Passing @ Vicksburg

You can almost find me everyday or so taking the Louisiana Circle to check out the MS River and the towboats passing through our beloved city.  I don't live far from the river so it makes it easy for me to swing by.  As I was approaching the circle I saw one coming under the bridges and it was a big towboat pushing barges/containers.

I'm posting this article for a former SFXA classmate of mine, Shirley, whom I saw today and we talked about our historical city and the love we have for our hometown and the riverboats.  These pictures were taken between 11:15 and 11:30 this beautiful Tuesday morning!  

(Click on pictures for a better view)

An ERGON tugboat heading to M/V  O. H. Ingram of Ingram Barge Company to drop off supplies/groceries.

Closer view of the M/V  O. H. Ingram.

Getting there...

A pull-out view on a beautiful Tuesday morning.  

Turning into the towboat to get along side.

Made it...

Got groceries and everybody is happy!

The M/V  O. H. Ingram getting ready to swing out to make the turn in the bend of the Mighty Mississippi.

Tugboat headed back to ERGON.

Making the wide turn and heading north with empty barges/containers.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...