A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Stormy Weather Coming

Went by the Louisiana Circle today to see if I could catch a towboat passing by my hometown of Vicksburg, MS.  I just missed an empty towboat making the turn in the bend of the Mississippi River.  Here are a few pictures I took and made the best of it after the towboat had passed.


A pulled-out picture on a very cloudy and windy day.

This is a dead tree stump at the circle.  There was a sparrow on the very top but flew off before I snapped this picture.  Last year I was able to take a picture of a mockingbird on the same stump and it was published in our hometown paper.

As I was leaving, I stopped to take a picture of the flag atop the old Hwy 80 bridge and saw this little sparrow looking around on the guard rail.  

I guess it was checking out which way the wind was blowing.

The wind was very strong today because of an impending storms headed our way.  

Strong winds and storms are in the forecast for this evening and tomorrow. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...