A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Happy "24" Birthday Grandson!

Today my grandson, Carlton "Carl" Thomas is 24 years old.   It's hard to believe that he's all grown up and I'm reminiscing about our hunts together.  I have three grandsons and Carl was the only one that I took hunting that got a deer.  Today, all three are excellent hunters.  Carl got his 5 point buck at Jasper Bottom Hunting Club in Claiborne County, MS, and shot it with my .270 rifle at 100 yards in 2003.  It was a hunt that I will never forget. When he shot I had to literally catch him so he would not fall off the stool.  The deer came across a levee and when we got down to check on the deer it was not there but had scooted down on the other side.  I told Carl he would have to shoot again.  He got down on one knee and braced for another shot.  I was so proud of him and still proud of him to this day. 

Took Carl hunting at Homewood Hunting Club in Claiborne County, MS, at the Cedar Tree Stand.  The old stand was torn down and this one was built in it's place.  We are getting ready to hunt and...

...wait for a deer to walk by!

Riding around the camp at Homewood Hunting Club in Claiborne County, MS.  

Carl on his birthday and all grown up now and living in Sheboygan, WI, with his girlfriend, Courtney, who served as a Corporal in the Marines.  They both work at Kohler. Wishing him a very Happy "24" Birthday and letting him know that I love and miss him so much!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...