A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, December 29, 2014

An Afternoon Hunt

Took off around 2:00 and headed down south to my Granddaughter Victoria and her hubby, Jamie's place to deer hunt. As I passed by the field walking to my stand I took some pictures of their pony, a donkey and some horses in an opened field near the barn.  When I got to my stand I decided not to get up in it but to used my ground blind instead. The temp was in the mid-forties and slowly falling. The temp in the morning will be 31 and looks like we will have one last blast of cold air before we get into the New Year.  I finally got all set up around 3:00 and at 3:15 someone shot in front of me across the main road.  At 4:40 another shot came to the right of me and was close. Around 5:10 a deer blew at me several times and I knew it was over with but stayed another five minutes or so while the deer continued to blow at me trying to get me to leave.  I packed up and stopped by to visit with my family and Great Grandson on my way out. It's always good to get back in the woods even though I did not see or get one. Maybe next time when I head to the woods I will get lucky and get a deer.  Here are a few pictures I took on my afternoon hunt to share with you.



Road to my stand.

My deer stand.

Highway where they have been seen to walk.  

Sitting behind a ground blind waiting for a deer to walk out on a wet and soggy ground.

My faithful .270 Ruger (Featherweight).   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...