A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, January 19, 2015

First Hunt @ Deer Camp

I was so happy to be invited up to the Christmas Place Plantation and Hunting Club by my mentor/friend, Rex Howell, of Deer Camp Blog last Friday afternoon.  Got to camp around 8:00 pm on the edge of the MS Delta and was so good to see everyone again and to visit. It has been awhile since I have been due to recovering from shoulder surgery which knocked me out for a whole hunting season.  My first hunt was planned at the Sneaky Stand not far from camp and below are some pictures I took while sitting behind a ground blind to deer/hog hunt.

A beautiful crescent moon on a very cold morning for my first hunt.

Looking down a long frosty field.

To the right of the field.

Behind me was the main road.

Looking up while sitting under the deer stand.  The step rungs were to far apart for me to climb up.

Sneaky Stand from the road as I finished my hunt.

Walking back to camp and crossing a new bridge that was built last year.

Wouldn't you know I would have two does and a small fawn to jumped out in front of me as I was returning to camp.
To be continued...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...