A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Second Hunt @ Deer Camp

My afternoon hunt was at the Taj-Mahal deer stand in a huge opened field.  I have hunted off of this stand before and seen deer so early in the morning that I could barely make them out.

Rex heading to his deer stand after dropping me off.  

As seen in front of the stand and to the right and left was a very huge cotton field.   

This is where I saw about 12 hogs in the green next to the woods appear at 100 yards on back side of stand.  I noticed 3 large hogs and the rest were smaller ones.  I took aim with my .270 and hit the one that stood out, which was a black hog facing me and hit her right in the head and she dropped.  After I shot, they all scattered and was able to pull off another shot and hit a smaller pig and it dropped.  This was about 5:10 in the afternoon and nothing else came out.  

I zoomed in with my camera and got a picture of the black sow that I shot before it got dark.  

Picture of the little hog I shot back at camp at the skinning pole.  

Rex, my mentor/friend and I, showing off my very first hog kill in our great wild outdoors at the famous Christmas Place Plantation and Hunting Club (Deep Camp Blog) on the edge of the Mississippi Delta.
To be continued...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...