A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, October 17, 2015

It Takes Two?

I drove by the Louisiana Circle this past Tuesday and caught two towboats together coming around the bend.  I waited until I could get a clear picture in front of me because of a huge tree that blocks part of the view.  M/V Claude R and M/V Mister Mac were heading southbound towards the bridges.  


I noticed that M/V Claude R was not pushing and M/V Mister Mac was doing all the work.  I decided to get in touch with a riverboat friend of mine on Facebook, Captain Reed Vonder Harr, and he told me that they are just transporting the extra boat to perhaps a shipyard for repairs or to pick up a northbound tow. 

Making their way southbound to their destination at the Vicksburg, MS river bridges.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...