A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, November 08, 2015

Belated Happy 9th Blogoversary!

Nine years ago yesterday, I decided to start a blog (Marian's Hunting Stories, Etc., Etc., Etc.) on deer hunting.  My next door neighbor at the time had a blog (Tricia Dishes) and I would go and read about her family, son (Christopher) and daughter (Erica). She also blogged about her friends and what was going on in our neighborhood and with her life. Since hunting was my hobby I thought...why not blog about that!  And that is how it all got started.

Year 2015 and I have more blogs than I can keep up with and have met a lot of great friends along the way. One friend/mentor I have to mentioned is, Rex Howell, of Deer Camp Blog who encouraged me to continue blogging about hunting since it was not that many women hunters out there talking about their experiences.  I started my blog on November 7, 2006 and stopped after 4 posts and got disinterested but when he wrote and told me to keep on blogging, I'm glad I did.  

At one time I had a website with my own domain that a friend of mine, who maintained Mississippi State University's website, built my site back in the late '90's.  I have since taken that site (A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter) and made it into a blog as well. So, I actually have two hunting blogs but mainly post to this one every day.

I also have a (Class of 1959) blog, sorority blog (PAK Omega Chapter Snapshots), family blog (Missy's Snapshots) and made my husband a blog (Two Dogs Tall).  Also, made a blog for our dog (Dog Tails Of Millie Jane) and blog for a friend (Art-C-Lady).  I post on another blog called, (Max Mississippi), about what is going on in my hometown of Vicksburg, MS.  

Blogging has been my therapy through the years and have enjoyed creating stories and taking pictures to go along with my stories. I hope y'all have enjoyed reading my blogs and will continue to blog as long as I can. Can't believe how 9 years have gone by so fast. A very Happy Blogoversary to me!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...