A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Family Bonding

Jerry Bourne, and his 4-year-old son Mason pose with this 100-pound doe they killed over the weekend in Warren County in Vicksburg, MS. A great time for family bonding and sending my congrats to both!

I'm very fortunate, out of four daughters, that my daughter, Kathleen (Kathy) is a hunter. We have had many hunts together and made great memories.
  
Kathleen (Kathy) Love Day at Homewood Hunting Club in Claiborne County, MS.

I have taken my grandson, Kathy's son, Carl, hunting with me as well and he got his very first buck, a 5-pt.  I did not have a youth gun for him to shoot, only my .270.  But that little guy shot it coming over a levee.  It was the most exciting day of my life besides my daughter getting her first deer. I am grateful that I was introduced to hunting at the age of 45 and carrying on my hunting experiences with my daughter and grandson.  

Carl with his first deer, 5 point buck with his proud Gran Gran!

I now have an 8-year-old Great Grandson, Ian, who received a youth .243 for his birthday recently and he is looking forward to getting his first deer this season with his Dad.  Maybe one day we can hunt together and carry on the tradition of hunting in our great wild outdoors with family!  

Ian is so proud of his 8th birthday present from his Mom and Dad.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...