A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, April 17, 2016

M/V Charles L. Strait Passing Hometown!

Yesterday, while on my way home I stopped by the Louisiana Circle and could see a towboat coming around the bend called Delta Point. Today, I found out that towboat captains are not very fond of Delta Point or the Mississippi River bridges at my hometown of Vicksburg, MS.  

I now have an app on my phone call "FINDSHIP" and was able to see the name of the towboat before it reached where I was standing.  Before I knew about the app I had to rely on my camera to zoom in and get the name.  (Click on pictures to enlarge)

M/V Charles L. Strait

Heading for the bridges!

Heading under the bridges at Vicksburg, MS.

Made it!  Notice tourist looking at MS River in mirror.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...