A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, December 05, 2017

A Friday Afternoon Hunt

I arrived at the famous Christmas Place Plantation and Hunting Club on the edge of the MS Delta around 2:30 and unpacked my truck.  When Rex got to the camp from Water Valley we set up behind a ground blind past the Sneaky Stand.  He tried to call up a buck for me but unfortunately, we did not see or hear one.  Other hunters were already in the woods as well but no deer was shot that afternoon but we all once again enjoyed being in the great outdoors.  I found out that Burney another hunter had shot a nice buck that morning but left camp to get it processed.  My congrats to Burney!

Hunting with my .270 behind a ground blind.

My mentor and hunting buddy, Rex Howell of Deer Camp Blog taking a smoke break.

The woods were beautiful with all the fall leaves.

Rex wanted to take a picture of me but had to take off my camouflaged hat with cover to see me.  I'm holding my .270.

Rex hunting.

Both of us hunting for a deer.

The Super Moom Friday night.  

Always a campfire after a deer/hog hunt.

To be continued...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...