A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, April 02, 2018

An Easter Sunset & Surprise!

I hope everyone had a nice Easter!  We were blessed with a perfect weather here in my hometown of Vicksburg, MS.  It was a great day for the little ones to hide Easter eggs and enjoy.  I attended church services with my sister and brother-in-law and afterward we went to eat at a Mexican Restuarant.  Later, I decided to go to the MS Welcome Center and take pictures of an Easter sunset on the MS River.  After the sun went down I thought I heard a train coming across the bridge and I was right.   Here are a few pictures I took before it entered the tunnel under the main street heading west. 





It was Union Pacific Train #8162 coming across the old Hwy 80 bridge from Louisiana to Mississippi yesterday evening around 7:30.  I waved at the train engineer and he blew his horn while I took his picture.  It was awesome!

An Easter sunset in my historic civil war town of Vicksburg with M/V Kay A Eckstein in the distance northbound.

 River Level: 40.83 feet - Change: -0.67 - Flood Stage: 43 feet 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...