A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Thursday, August 09, 2018

A Mississippi River View

Yesterday evening I went by the Mississippi Welcome Center located on the Mississippi River in my hometown of Vicksburg, MS, to take some pictures of the sunset.  (Click on pictures to enlarge)

A towboat is making its way towards I-20 and Old Hwy 80 bridges.  

It is M/V Leviticus northbound heading to Wood River, IL, with its load.  I have an app called FINDSHIP that shows me the names of the riverboats, their destinations and if they are underway using engine or moored.

I could see a lot of lighting towards the northeast as the Captain gets ready for a very sharp turn called "Delta Point" in the Mississippi River.  

A nice picture of the sun trying to set in the east last evening.

The sun finally peeking through the I-20 Interstate bridge and goes out-of-site for another day as August 8, 2018, is history.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...