A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Bullets, Barbs & Broadheads


Team Bullets, Barbs & Broadheads (BBB) on the board with an 11’6” dinosaur killed 1:00 am on 9/2/18. (Story below)


Paul Crabtree of Sumrall, Mississippi telling his story of his catch with family members and friends.

We don't get to set out lines to catch gators like Swamp People.  We have to snag them with rod and reel, get them to the boat, put a snare around their neck, then shoot them with a shotgun.  The really big ones will sit on the bottom so a bigger grapple hook and rope is used to get them up.   

Early Sunday morning I hooked a gator I thought was about 9' but couldn't get him off the bottom.  I had to use the hook and rope to get him up.  Before we could get the snare around him he went into a death roll which wrapped up the rope and pulled me to him.  The rope was cinched down on him and my hand so tight that I thought I was going to lose it.  Somehow I got loose before more damage was done.  In the process of him rolling he hit my stepson in the face with his tail knocking him to the back of the boat.  

After an hour or so we were able to finally get his head up and get the snare on him.  It was a two hour battle from hooking him to getting him in the boat.  He ended up measuring 11' 6" long 37" tail girth and 50" belly girth. 


My hand is swollen really bad but nothing is broke.  It's just bruised really bad and infection setting in with some really bad rope burns.  


We have one more tag to fill if I get to where I can close my hand.  

Team BBB on board!
My congratulations to Team BBB and I hope Paul will be able to fill his other tag and that his hand will heal alright without further complications.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...