A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, October 01, 2018

#17 ~ Another One Bites The Dust

My Facebook friend, Kareen Beinhauer killed #17 hog this past weekend in Alpine, Texas.  The story below of the kill in her own words.  
I was out before 10:00 p.m. I figured I would have the luck like I have had lately so I didn't hold out much hope that a hog would come in. The moon is full enough that I could see quite well and sometime after 1:00 a.m. I thought I could see a shadow or two and sure enough, two hogs came in and started eating the corn. I thought about taking a lung shot but I said to myself, screw it, take the headshot and I did and down he went. He actually tried to get up and take off but I put another one in him and he was done. I am so happy!!!!!!! 17 for the year, 153 total! 


She used a 6.8 SPC Rifle to shoot her hog.  My congratulations to Kareen in our great wild and wonderful TX outdoors!  Way to go girlfriend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...