A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, October 22, 2018

Hard To Believe Hunting Story


I'm sharing a deer hunting story today that is hard to believe by my hunting friend Candice York of Dalton, Georgia. I have never had this to happen to me in my 33 years of hunting, so I'm glad to get the heads up from her.   


All I can say is Muzzleloader Season has not been good to me this year. This has never happened to me before. I was hunting in the afternoon a few days ago and right when it's time for the deer to step out it happens! I look to my left and out walks this beautiful Buck, he had a nice rack and his body was dark brown, just beautiful!! I waited for him to get a little closer to get a good shot on him, and when he turned to the left I got him in my crosshair and squeezed the trigger!!! When the smoke cleared I was thrilled to see I had dropped him. With excitement and shaking like everything, I took a quick picture so I could send it to my hubby and let him know I dropped this beautiful Buck. As I am sitting there trying to get back to my sense's I looked over at him and he just stood back up! I about died, I thought he was dead laying belly up, not moving, not kicking and wobbled off. I learned my lesson that day with a Muzzleloader to ALWAYS reload even if they are laying there looking dead. I watched him with disbelief as he stumbled into the woods I could see him through the woods and immediately I reloaded by the time I was ready he quietly disappeared!!! We tracked him for about 100 yards on a small trace of blood. Never found him! He was a tough Buck! This will haunt me for a good while, although it has taught me some things. I wonder how many people this has happened to before?




I won't give up as today starts rifle season and I hope to see him again.

GOODHUNTING Candice! I hope you get this beautiful buck in our great wild and wonderful outdoors!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...