A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, November 16, 2018

Getting Ready For Deer Season 2018-2019

Tomorrow is opening day for the 2018-2019 MS deer season for gun.  I was able to go to a deer camp today to zero in my rifle with my hunting friend, Charley Ring.   His family has a camp off of Ring Road south of town.  We both shoot a .270 and it was a perfect day to be in the woods.  So happy to get my rifle sited in and have no excuses in missing a deer this season.

Family Ring Deer Camp.

The skinning rack.

Charley shooting my gun first at 50 and then 100 yards.

Me shooting at 50 and 100 yards.

At 50 yards, Charley's shot to the left and my shot to the right.  Dead deer!

At 100 yards Charley's to the left 1st try and 3rd try after flenching twice.  Dead deer!

Took this picture from Charley's truck of a deer stand right next to his family's property.  A really nice stand.

A beautiful day to be in the woods and have hunted this field and saw a fawn and doe.

Charley getting ready to clean out his stand.  This is the stand I hunted a few years ago and saw the two deer but when I put my rifle up to shoot the sun glanced off my barrel and Mama doe was looking right at me and took off.  

 Charley got the wasps nest and cobwebs out of the deer stand and swept it out to hunt out of it tomorrow.  GOODHUNTING to all the hunters in our great wild outdoors!  Wish me LUCK this season!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...