A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, August 18, 2008

HWY 61 Hunting Club

Bob and I joined a new hunting deer camp this spring and it's called HWY 61 North Hunting Club. We purchased a camper that was for sale on the grounds of the camp. We have been trying to get it ready for deer season. My step-son Greg transported the deer stands from the farm where we had them stored and he, with a member of the camp, found us a good spot to place our deer stands.

We originally had them at Homewood Hunting Club in Claiborne County but got out of club after 20 years. At the time, Bob's stand was approximately 4 feet off the ground. Greg cut the legs off so it would be easier for his Dad to get in and out of his stand to hunt. A side view.
A front view.
This is what Bob will see out of his stand. The camp has planted a food plot nearby.

This is the way to my stand. It is right inside the road to the right.
You can see my stand to the right. On the ground is my roof but when it was moved it was bent so I may not be able to use it. I have a camoflaged umbrella that is especially made for hunting from a tree strand that I will most likely use.

It is tied up with a rope right now and have to get the chain lock put on to stabilize it. Also, at the other camp when they were logging they bent the bottom of my steps. Need to stabilize the steps also. The stand is made out of steel. So it will be there forever. I will put a camouflaged blind around it and put my chair and mat in and will be all set.
This is looking out from my stand and the camp will plant a food plot to the left side. This is the turn-a-around here. Vehicles can only come this far and then you have to use your ATVs. We are looking forward to this hunting season and hope to harvest a few deer at least at our new camp in the great outdoors.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a plan! It sure makes me want to join a club again (my daughter has finally graduated college, so you never know..., all this waiting on invites can get a bit tiresome too). Looks like a good place, and I know there are deer north of Vicksburg, so good luck is more than expected.

Anonymous said...

I hope you and Bob have great luck in your new hunting grounds. Can't wait to hear the stories.

CDGardens said...

Really looks like a great place to be hunting. I second the "Can't wait to hear the stories." ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...