A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Thursday, January 05, 2012

Vicksburg Youth On The Hunt!



Siblings John Michael and Madison Wilkerson have had a banner deer season.  Nine-year-old John Michael, left, bagged a 9-point, 175-pound buck with 18-inch main beams while hunting with his grandfather, Gwin Taylor.  Madison, 10, shot a 6-pointer while hunting with her grandfather in northern Warren County.  John Michael and Madison are the children of Tammy and Jason Wood, and Charles and Teresa Wilkerson

Carter McElroy, 10, was hunting with his grandfather in Carroll County when he shot this 12-pointer.  Carter made the 100-yard shot with a .243.  The buck's rack had a 16-inch spread and weighed 150 pounds.  Carter is the son of Genna Brown and Glenn McElroy.

4 comments:

Adam said...

Hey Marian, it's great to see kids hunting. Great photos. I can't wait to take my boys hunting soon. They are getting big enough to take and I can't wait.

Marian Ann Love said...

Sure is great to see kids hunting...I was not exposed to hunting growing up and missed out a lot. These kids are so lucky to experience at a young age. It gives you a lot of confidence. I know you will enjoy taking your boys and the memories will last forever. GOODHUNTING and Happy New Year to you and yours! :)

Adam said...

Hey Marian, I just wanted to let you know the link you have for my blog foggybottomoutdoors is no longer in use, I did away with it and started gunandbowhunting.com. I added your blog to gunandbowhunting.com and was wondering if you could pretty please link to mine? Thank you Marian,Adam

Marian Ann Love said...

It will be a pleasure to add you to my links and wishing you the best of luck with your new blog! Will delete your other link and thanks for adding me to your "NEW" blog Adam! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...