A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Round-Up Time Pix Published

ROUND-UP TIME:  Marian Love Phillips submitted this photo of two towboats and a tugboat surrounding a loose barge Tuesday.  


I took this picture last Tuesday at the Louisiana Circle of a loose barge with two towboats (M/V Dennis C. Bottorff and M/V B. John Yeager of Ingram Barge Company) and a Synergy tugboat surrounding it.  I submitted it to our paper The Vicksburg Post because I thought it would be of interest and was published today in our Sunday paper. Once again many thanks for publishing my picture and I really appreciate it. This is something you don't see everyday. 


A Facebook friend made a comment on my picture that was posted on my page and said - a loose barge on Ole Man River is as dangerous as a loose cannon on a man o'war.  I agree!

While the towboats were being contained, M/V Amy Gattle was southbound.  I did not stay long enough to see what happened to the loose barge but I'm sure they got it secured and towed away.

M/V Amy Gattle southbound at the bridges at Vicksburg, MS.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...