Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...

Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...
Stories of my hunting experiences with family, friends or whatever else I want to blog about.

A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Article by Fred Messina, editor of "On Target Outdoors" from The Vicksburg Evening Post on Friday, January 19, 1990. Photo by Bob Phillips.

Bob Phillips came up the other day with a photo of his wife Marian and a deer she got on Brown's Point New Years Eve. The deer was an 8-point with 16 inches of inside spread that weighed in at 190 pounds. A nice trophy in anyone's book. However, the tale Bob told is that this was Marian's fourth deer this year and he claimed that he would have done better than he did if he had not spent so much time hauling Marian's deer out of the woods. Come off it, Bob. We all know who the hunter was.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Round-Up Time Pix Published

ROUND-UP TIME:  Marian Love Phillips submitted this photo of two towboats and a tugboat surrounding a loose barge Tuesday.  


I took this picture last Tuesday at the Louisiana Circle of a loose barge with two towboats (M/V Dennis C. Bottorff and M/V B. John Yeager of Ingram Barge Company) and a Synergy tugboat surrounding it.  I submitted it to our paper The Vicksburg Post because I thought it would be of interest and was published today in our Sunday paper. Once again many thanks for publishing my picture and I really appreciate it. This is something you don't see everyday. 


A Facebook friend made a comment on my picture that was posted on my page and said - a loose barge on Ole Man River is as dangerous as a loose cannon on a man o'war.  I agree!

While the towboats were being contained, M/V Amy Gattle was southbound.  I did not stay long enough to see what happened to the loose barge but I'm sure they got it secured and towed away.

M/V Amy Gattle southbound at the bridges at Vicksburg, MS.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...