A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, July 28, 2017

The Hog Killing Queen

My Facebook friend, Kareen Beinhauer of Alpine, TX, is a hog killing queen machine shooting #125 last night.  She saw this hog coming in at 9:17 on the game card the night before so that is where she wanted to be last night.
Her hog story in her own words - 

I was out by 8:30 because the game card had shown that a medium sized boar coming in after 9:00 p.m. At 9:08 I could see someone coming out of the horse trap and I thought, darn, he will hear/see that truck and lay low for awhile. Of course, the javelinas were there and I watched them closely and when they bolted and ran off, I knew he was coming. He circled the outside of this so called pen and then came in and started eating and I took my shot at 9:23 p.m. and dropped him in his tracks. RIP medium sized hog!

Kareen forgot to say that while coming in from killing the hog she was walking down their sidewalk in the back and at one point she heard a "little" rattle. She went inside and thought that wasn't a cicada so she got the flashlight and sure enough, below the sidewalk, there was a small rattlesnake. It was not in a place where they could shoot it so they got it to move and her hubby, Roy chopped its head off and threw it in the creek. Never a dull moment around here she said. 

Congratulations to my hog killing friend and I'm looking forward to her getting hog #126.   You go get'em Kareen!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...