A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

A Friday Afternoon Hunt

On my way last Friday afternoon to hunt at the famous Christmas Place Plantation and Hunting Club on Christmas Road at the edge of the MS Delta.  

My hunting friend, Rex Howell took me to the Game Warden Stand to hunt which is adjacent to the Hillside National Wildlife Refuge.  I have hunted this stand numerous times before.  Two does appear from the right side at about 125 yards between 4:30 and 5:00.  

I was hunting under the stand since I have been having problems with my knees/legs and had a chair and ground blind set up.  

To the left, a hog wallow.  I did hear hogs and turkeys in the area.

Looking through the ladder rung step towards the refuge.  

The woods from behind the stand.

Deer poop in the field!

Looking for blood after I shot my .270...but sadly I missed my deer.  

Having a campfire at a deer camp is a must to end the day! 

To be continued.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...