A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Remembering Rex Dean Howell


I'm missing my hunting friend, Rex Howell, who passed away on January 31, 2021, from cancer.  

This picture was taken the first day we met at his deer camp at the famous Christmas Place Plantation Hunting Club on Christmas Road near Eden, MS.  The land has 11 Indian mounds, and we are standing at one of them. It was taken on May 5, 2007. You can see his dog, Camo, to the right of the picture.  


Rex came to my website and signed my guestbook, and I always thanked everyone who had signed. That is how it all started. I asked him one day how did he find me. He said he had gone to a hunting forum and saw a post I had answered; the rest was history.  


Rex has a blog called Deer Camp Blog, and I have a blog as well. I started my hunting blog in 2006 and stopped. He told me to continue because, at that time, he said only so many lady deer hunters blogged.


He would have me up every hunting season to deer/hog hunt at the family camp. I did not get to go in January of 2021 because he was very sick. I'm so thankful that he called me and told me about his condition in December 2020, but I did not realize that it was so bad. He died on the last day of the hunting season. 3.9.58~1.31.21

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...