A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, April 03, 2024

A Shoutout to Maggie Boineau

In Her Own Words:

Day two! Eight hours spotting,stalking,calling gobblers. Hardest hunting when turkeys are not vocal! Another year solo hunting. Just when I thought the hunt was over for me, today I spotted this turkey strutting about 400 yards. I slowly worked my way through the woods and found a good tree to sit and to call. I was not optimistic because he already had a hen. I put out some soft calls and within a few minutes he was looking for me. I did not use a decoy so he let out a loud gobble which got my heart racing. Seconds felt like hours but he came into range. He is not the most magnificent turkey I have killed, but my heart is so grateful. More details on my blog soon I have a new slate call and it was custom made for me! Not a great pic as a solo hunter who does NOTsleep well during turkey season! #proishunting. #camo365 #turkeyhunter #iamprois #slatecalls


My congratulations to Maggie from South Carolina in our great outdoors!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...