A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Baby...It's Cold Outside


I took this pretty picture of a frozen creek bed on the Natchez Trace coming home yesterday afternoon from our truck. It was a winter wonderland while visiting our friends but was so bitterly cold. We really had a great time but saw no deer while on our stands. We were located about 20 minutes from Tupelo, MS, the birthplace of Elvis Presley. We got about an inch of snow and was able to deer hunt for the first time in the snow. Will be posting some pictures tomorrow of my hunt. The temps remained mostly in the twenties and teens!
PS: Many thanks Rex for posting for me while on my hunting trip...What do I really want? How about a deer, a hog and a good hunt with great friends! Bob and I are looking forward to seeing y'all at the famous Christmas Place Plantation and Hunting Club this coming weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are going through a bitter cold spell right now.

Stay warm!

CDGardens said...

That is a pretty picture of ice on the frozen creek bed.

Hope it warms up outside for your trip to Christmas Place.

We will all be glad when warmer weather returns. ;)

Marian Ann Love said...

We sure are....you stay warm also my friend! You are further north than I am...

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks CDGardens - their were so many pretty scenes like this one along the way...I hope it warms up also before we go...have not looked at the forecast for the weekend yet...I will be glad when the warm weather returns also.

Long Ridge Deer Camp said...

I am so glad you got to hunt in the snow! It's kind of fun tracking them this way! Hope it warms up for you soon Marian, it is -2 degrees here and the Connecticut River is frozen solid! Jack

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks Long Ridge...It was different and cold..would have loved to have tracked a deer tho...don't think I could take the -2 degrees...that is freaking cold! Try to stay warm my friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...