A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, January 18, 2010

Elbow Stand Hunt





Rex and I hunted the Elbow Stand at his famous Christmas Place early Saturday morning in hopes of blasting a hog or a deer.  No hogs came out but we saw our first deer at a point by the tree in front of us and later eight deer came down through the center of this huge field.  It was too far away to make a clean shot and a buck was also seen following the does.  We glassed the deer and I did not think at the time of taking a picture.  I was hoping for more deer to appear but that was it and we got down from the two-man stand around 9:00 to head back to camp.  This stand was on a huge oak tree with a running creekbed behind us, which was a nice sound effect.  We were really lucky to get this hunt in before the rain settled in for the remainder of the day/night.  As we were walking back to the 4-wheeler, Rex pointed out a deer rub and I stopped to take a picture of it.  This was a huge soybean field and a great source of food for the deer and hogs.  Again, it was so nice to share another memorable hunt together in our great outdoors.  Charming, Just Charming!

3 comments:

Editor said...

thanks, had a great time and will see you very soon.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thank you Rex for another fun weekend at your camp. Bob and I enjoyed ourselves so much and looking forward to the hog hunts. I'm starting to really HATE those disgusting hogs!!

Anonymous said...

I am coming to HUNT those disgusting hogs too!! See you then. I left you a message on facebook...be sure to read it. Love and thanks again for your thoughtfulness. I shall enjoy the Baileys! Denise

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...