A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Game Warden Stand Hunt


For my afternoon deer/hog hunt at the famous Christmas Place, Rex with Bob, drove me over to the Game Warden Stand.  The rain had already started as I crossed the field to get in my stand.  Rex took Bob over to the North Cornfield Stand across the road and down to my right.  Around 5:00 I heard a shot coming from Bob's way and he told us later that he had shot at a hog and missed.  I was facing a wildlife refuge and a deer/hog never came out in the field that I was hunting but did on the refuge.  Deer started coming out about 4:45 and it was pouring down raining.  After my hunt, I got down from my the stand and started walking out towards the road when I spotted 7 deer looking at me for about 10 seconds to my left, no more than 50 yards away and then they took off.  I heard another shot from Bob's direction and told Rex and Tony when they came to pick me up.  We hurried over to the stand and Bob was standing in the rain with his flashlight at the spot where he had shot.  He said he had already packed up his hunting gear and had taken out the bullets in his gun and was ready to climb down when another deer came out.  He reloaded and shot.  See the story of Bob's hunt and what he saw.  My congrats to Bob in harvesting a deer in our great outdoors.   

A nice size hog wallow to my left.

A pretty scene looking out the stand window to my right.



Deer walking out on the refuge.

2 comments:

Editor said...

great pics!!

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks Rex...your hunting ground is so picturesque! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...