Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...

Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...
Stories of my hunting experiences with family, friends or whatever else I want to blog about.

A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Article by Fred Messina, editor of "On Target Outdoors" from The Vicksburg Evening Post on Friday, January 19, 1990. Photo by Bob Phillips.

Bob Phillips came up the other day with a photo of his wife Marian and a deer she got on Brown's Point New Years Eve. The deer was an 8-point with 16 inches of inside spread that weighed in at 190 pounds. A nice trophy in anyone's book. However, the tale Bob told is that this was Marian's fourth deer this year and he claimed that he would have done better than he did if he had not spent so much time hauling Marian's deer out of the woods. Come off it, Bob. We all know who the hunter was.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Swamp Scenes






I love taking picture of swamps and this particular one is located on our way home from visiting Rex and his family/friends at the famous Christmas Place near Yazoo City.  I always try to stop and take some pictures for my blogging friend, Big Al, who lives across the MS River in Louisiana from me and writes a blog called, My Dismal Swamp.  The swamp pictures for me is like the icing on the cake from spending a great time either hunting, fishing or visiting our dear friends in the MS Delta at their camp.

5 comments:

Rick Kratzke said...

You love taking pictures of swamps and I love hunting deer in swamps.

Ben G. said...

Great Pics the fist and last one look like paintings

Live to Hunt.... said...

Those are fantastic photos, I love the stark contrast of the trees against the sky. Wonderful!

Marian Love Phillips said...

Thanks Rick, Ben and Live to Hunt...hope to have more the next time I go back up. This time I want to take pics on the opposite side of the road of the 4-lane interchange if we can get there before dark. These pics were taken around 12:30 coming home. Appreciate you coming by. :)

Steve Killam TMTL said...

I also am attracted to swamps. To me all life begins in the swamp.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...