Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...

Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...
Stories of my hunting experiences with family, friends or whatever else I want to blog about.

A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Article by Fred Messina, editor of "On Target Outdoors" from The Vicksburg Evening Post on Friday, January 19, 1990. Photo by Bob Phillips.

Bob Phillips came up the other day with a photo of his wife Marian and a deer she got on Brown's Point New Years Eve. The deer was an 8-point with 16 inches of inside spread that weighed in at 190 pounds. A nice trophy in anyone's book. However, the tale Bob told is that this was Marian's fourth deer this year and he claimed that he would have done better than he did if he had not spent so much time hauling Marian's deer out of the woods. Come off it, Bob. We all know who the hunter was.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Hunting Off Redbone Rd!

Walked by the horses enjoying a beautiful cold afternoon on the farm.

Shadow of me in deer stand.

What I saw to the right of me...

...in front of the stand

...to the left of stand.

Where I walked in to get on my stand.

We got to the farm around 2:30 and Jamie put Bob on the other side of the barn in the woods and I hunted the opposite side on a very cold and windy afternoon.  Got to my stand around 3:00 and got off about 5:25.  I did not see a deer but heard a lot of shots going off around me after 4:00.  Jamie picked up Bob in his truck and while going through the field heading back to the house, they saw 4 does and all of a sudden a big buck walked out and they just watched by the headlights.  Bob said it was an 8 pt. buck and that it was so huge that it looked like a boxcar! Now, that's a BIG BUCK!!  :)

2 comments:

Anders said...

Hello! Really great blog you have, fun to read and see pictures of your hunts in the United States.
I wonder if it's OK that I add to your page on my blog, it's from Sweden?
Sincerely Anders from Sweden.

Marian Love Phillips said...

Thanks Anders...I checked out your blog and I would be happy for you to add my blog to yours! I have added your blog to mine as well. Wishing you GOODHUNTING in Sweden! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...