A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Vicksburg On The Hunt

I was so happy to see Wanda's picture in yesterday's paper about her harvesting not only one deer but two in one day!  I know her personally and she is also my friend on Facebook.  She bagged her first buck on November 20 in northern Warren County.  The buck was a 160-pound, 8-pointer with a 14-inch wide spread and 17-1/2 inch main beams.  She also bagged a 146-pound doe the same morning.  You go Wanda and my congrats again!  :)

Jack Wright, 5, took down an 8-point, 160-pounder for his first buck on November 7.  Jack was hunting with his father, Randy, at Rawhide Hunting Club.  Jack is the son of Randy and Jessica Wright.

Vicksburg resident Anden McClurg killed this 8-point buck on private land in northeast Warren County on November 15.  The buck had a 16-inch spread and 20-1/2 inch beams.

Larime Haynes Killed this 10-pointer while hunting in Hinds County.  The deer weighed 183 pounds, and had a rack measuring 15 inches wide with 20-1/2 inch-wide main beams.  Haynes made the shot from 100 yards with a .223 rifle.  Larime is the son of Julie and Larime Haynes of Vicksburg.  Congrats to all Vicksburg hunters in our great wild outdoors!

1 comment:

Marian Ann Love said...

Pretty cool to get two deer in my day. I have never done that but my husband has. It always amazes me how these little guys can kill a deer at such a young and tender age. I was 46 before I ever started hunting...but glad I did...it opened up a whole new world for me and have loved it for the last 25 years! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...