A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, March 14, 2014

A Walk In The Park

Monday it was so nice and warm that my daughter called and we met up in the Vicksburg National Military Park to enjoy a walk in the park together.  Here's a couple of pictures she took of me in front of the Mississippi Memorial.
   

Up-close picture of lady on the Mississippi Monument.

Then on Thursday I took off to the park for a short walk.  Stopped by the memorial of Lt. General William F. Vilas, who was in the Battle of Champion Hill and the Vicksburg Campaign.


This is a killer incline...got to get back out here and get in shape.

I stopped to rest at the picnic tables in the park.

I looked down and saw a flower (weed) growing through the concrete cracks.  As soon as I took this picture a bee showed up!

Statue of the President of the Confederate States!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...