A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My Monday Walk

Yesterday was a perfect day for a walk in the Vicksburg National Military Park and as I was parking my truck I noticed the American Queen bus in the parking lot.  I haven't seen the American Queen in a very long time and knew where I had to go after my walk. 


I passed two ladies with their hands full of dogs.  They were so cute!  


I took a picture of the American Queen bus and continued on with my walk. 


When I looked back I saw the tourist walking to board the American Queen bus to go through the park.


After my walk I made it down to the waterfront and took a picture of the American Queen stacks.  The stacks lay down as they approach the bridges and then they raised them back up.  


The paddle wheel of the American Queen as it was turning.


A majestic full view of the American Queen!  As I was leaving the calliope started to play.  I just love the sound and you could hear it all over town.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...