A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Third Hunt @ Deer Camp

On my third hunt Rex, (Deer Camp Blog) took me to the Scenic Stand not far from camp and later took a picture of the sun peaking through the woods.  

Once again I got under the stand to hunt.  I have been in this stand before a few years ago and it's on a hill but when you climb in, turn around and sit down you feel like you are twice as high.  

The stand owns up to it name by being a scenic spot to hunt.  This was in front of me.  

To the left side and... 

...behind me.

It was the most perfect weekend to hunt.  Did not see a deer/hog but I soaked up the last remaining minutes of the hunt and was very hard to leave.   

Zoomed in to take a picture of the Scenic Stand on top of the hill.

While walking back to camp I took a picture of a sandy deer track from the roadway.

Close-up picture of my very first hog (sow) kill.  

I'm very proud of my accomplishment in getting my first hog which was on my bucket list! Also, Rex's dog, CAMO wanted to get in the picture with me!  

Many thanks to my mentor and friend for inviting me to come up this past weekend for three great hunts and how lucky I was to get my very first hog.  A weekend I will never forget and appreciate Rex, his brothers, Paul, Trent and cousin, Burney for welcoming me back to their hunting ground at the famous Christmas Place Plantation and Hunting Club on the edge of the MS Delta.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...