A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, September 13, 2015

A Rooftop View

I have been waiting to get a chance to go to our new rooftop restaurant, 10 South Bar & Grill, ever since it opened in June and last night I got the chance.

My daughter, Kathy, called me Friday to invite me out to dinner at 10 South and I was overjoyed.  It was a wonderful experience and we had a great time.  It is the only rooftop dinning in downtown Vicksburg.  I have now seen Vicksburg downtown finally come alive again with cars all up and down Washington Street which was recently named as a Great American Main Street Association semi-finalist putting us in the Top 10 Main Streets in the United States.

Here are pictures I took of our first dinning experience at 10 South.  I highly recommend if you live here or come through our historical city to please check it out.  You will not be disappointed and the staff was very friendly and welcoming.  Get the fried green tomatoes because they are to die for.

Customers enjoying a beautiful day at 10 South Bar & Grill.

You can see the Old Court House that stood during the Siege of Vicksburg.  

Looking north towards the Port of Vicksburg.

A busy, busy bar!

Fried Green Tomatoes w/spicy craw-fish tomato gravy.

The 10 South Original Double Patty w/Swiss Cheese and Sugar Cane Slaw.  

Sky all fired up after the sun went down!

Love the hanging lights around the top of the building.

A tugboat pushing a barge in the Yazoo Canal towards the mouth of the MS.  

Looking south at the bridges as a northbound towboat gets ready to make the bend in the Mighty MS at Vicksburg.

Looking up at the top of the building of 10 South Bar & Grill!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...