A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, November 23, 2015

Saturday's Hunt

Saturday before last, I went to see about some land to hunt on south of town.  It was very little acreage but was told that the deer used the property like a highway.  I was shown around and was excited about getting to hunt on opening day. I was even told about a bear that lives close by that my friend had already encounter. He said the bear got up on his hind feet and roared at him and he ran back to his house.  At the time I didn't think much about it and in my mind I'm thinking maybe it's in hibernation since it had gotten colder...but what do I know about bears?  I do know that you can't shoot a Black Bear in Mississippi because it's illegal and you could be fined up to $100,000 and a year in jail.

I had gotten out of my deer camp of 25 years about 5 or 6 years ago because the hunting dues went up again and could not afford it.  I hated to give it up but now I have to asked someone if I can hunt on their land or get invited to go hunting. I did not see a deer or a bear but did enjoyed being in the great outdoors once again.

I was behind a ground blind and below is Pecos Bayou where the deer walk.

To the right side of me.

To the left...

Far back left and a thicket behind me.

Leaves look so pretty and decided to take a pix of them.  The bright leaf in the middle had just fallen.

You can see my ground blind in place.

My .270 Ruger.

Looked up above me and got this pretty picture of the yellow leaves on the trees.

Heading home after opening day of deer season and driving down a hill towards the highway, I stopped to take this pretty spooky picture after sunset.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...