A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Sunday's Hunt

My Sunday hunt started around 3:00 and I got under a deer stand that was made around three trees.  It was located on the left side of the big ridge.  Saturday's hunt was on the right side of the ridge.  At the bottom of the ridge is Pecos Bayou where the deer walk and use as a highway.  Actually, I was facing the cave where I was told a bear lives.  Once again, I enjoyed being in the woods and my hunt.  While putting my hunting stuff away to leave, I was told that they had encountered the bear earlier while looking for a deer that was shot that morning.  It just happened to be on the right side where I was hunting the day before. They quickly gave up looking for the deer after the bear roared at them.  That was pretty scary to hear and I'm glad I have another place to hunt next weekend in our great wild outdoors!  That's too close for me!

Looking to the left of my ground blind.  

To the right towards Pecos Bayou where the deer walk and the bear cave.

My  trusty .270! 

Zoomed in to get a picture of the bear cave.

This leaf caught my eye with the sun shinning on it.  

While standing up taking a break something red caught my eye.  At first I thought it was a red cardinal but after looking through my binoculars saw it was an abandoned car. 

To the far right.

My ground blind under a homemade deer stand around three big trees.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...