A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Thursday, November 05, 2015

Swimming The Mississippi

My Facebook friend Layne Logue has been involved in Legacies Alive and remembering the Fallen Soldiers. Chris Ring is swimming the Mississippi River for their sacrifice and remembering that loved ones will not be forgotten.  Below are pictures that were taken on Monday in support of Chris Ring's cause and today while passing through Vicksburg on his way to the last 437 miles.
  
Click on pictures to enlarge.
Chris Ring
Monday, November 2, 2015
 



(Today) Thursday, November 5, 2015



Team - white kayak (Seth), Chris behind him, motorboat (Tim) and motorboat (Rob) last.



Layne Logue ~ 

Vicksburg, Mississippi, Nov 2015 ~ As the team moves through Vicksburg today and gets closer to the end… I am truly touched by the Team Swim for Their Sacrifice, Legacies Alive (legaciesalive.com) and the way Vicksburg came to support such a great cause.

I am not a Gold Star Family… but, my 24 year old wife, Paige Douglas Logue was killed in a car wreck on 5-15-95 in which I was driving (and 8 month old son in the back car seat) when a log truck ran a stop sign and t-boned us. Wife instantly killed and I got 3 broke ribs from the seat belt. My son, Forrest only had minor cuts in his forehead from flying glass.

I understand about tragic loss and the pain that stings from it. Which is why as soon as I heard about it... I was 100% behind Swim for Their Sacrifice and anything I could do to help.

This record of first American to swim it…is just text on the internet or some book… the Greatness of this cause is remembering the Fallen Soldiers and letting the Gold Star Families know their loved ones will not be forgotten. No one ever dies if we keep remembering them.

I contacted Legacies Alive back in June and also helped Cindy Ring (Chris’s Mother) with locating Mississippi River maps… And I am so proud of Vicksburg… and hoped it would turn out just as it did.

Thank you to all that made this possible! I love Vicksburg.
Thank you to Warrior Bonfire Project (warriorbonfireprogram.org)
Thank you Petals for Patriots for driving the rose petals here from Tupelo.
Too many names to list a thank you... but, you know... and we know too.

Here's a video I took as the Team goes under the two Vicksburg Mississippi River bridges (Hwy 80 & I-20).


Legaciesalive.com / Swim for Their Sacrifice. Chris Ring is swimming the entire Mississippi River (2,340 miles) for Gold Star Families and Fallen Soldiers. His River Team: Seth Mortenson (kayaker), Tim Ring (father, motorboat) and Rob Brigance (motorboat).. plus many other in the background. Please go to their website and support with a donation or purchase apparel.

God speed & safe travels to the Swim for Their Sacrifice Team and the last 437 miles,
Layne Logue
Mississippi River Guide
Quapaw Canoe Company – Vicksburg Outpost
Island63.com
(601) 529-7354 mobile

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...