A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Sunday Drive to Grand Gulf Park Continued...

I posted yesterday about my Sunday drive to Grand Gulf Park and have some more pictures to share with you today. 

The observation tower across from the Old Grand Gulf Cemetery.

You could drive around the observation tower. I wish I was able to climb the tower but having a scheduled knee replacement next month was not a good idea. Maybe next time.  

Moss was hanging on most of the trees.

This little squirrel ran out in front of us and would not to let us go by.
  
Travel across the park and went down the River Road and saw M/V Dennis Ross heading northbound.

Close up of M/V Dennis Ross.
 
A picture of how pretty is was on this Sunday afternoon at the MS River.

Facing Louisiana!

Johnette waiting for me while I took pictures at the Mississippi River at Grand Gulf.

The supply depot.  Note the water marks on the doors.  Part of the Grand Gulf Park and this building went underwater in the 2011 MS flood.  


A close up of a broken window at the depot store.

Some pretty wildflower along the way to the fish camp.
To be continued.

1 comment:

Gorges Smythe said...

I'm glad you didn't run over the squirrel like the young guys do. I just drive really slow and they move.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...