A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

A Saturday Morning Hunt

It was 80% chance of rain all day Saturday (my 77th birthday) and my hunting friend/mentor, Rex Howell and I went to the Pond Stand.  It was slightly raining but had stopped after an hour.  I was his Dad's stand and not hunted much this season.  It has a walk-up ramp that is opened but enclosed with a bench.  I have seen ducks off of this stand but it's dried up now and ryegrass was planted.  We did not see a deer or a hog but enjoyed the hunt together and being in the woods. 

Sitting in the Pond Stand.

To the left of the Pond Stand.

Taking a selfie of Rex and me after our hunt.

Rex checking deer tracks in the field.

The Pond Stand.

To be continued...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...