A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, June 30, 2018

A Hog Killing Machine!

My Facebook friend, Kareen Beinhauer from the great state of Texas, is a hog killing machine!  Here is her story behind hog #149 and 13th for the year.  

I started out to the storage feeder after 9:00 p.m. I was going to set up my one chair blind and come back for my rifle, flashlight, and phone since it was still daylight. As I rounded the corner and could see the storage feeders I saw a lone hog underneath the storage feeder eating. I could not believe it. I left my blind and went back to the house to get all of my stuff plus binoculars just to be sure it was not a deer but I was pretty sure it was a hog. It was! I sat down in my blind and took two shots and thought he would probably run off and this was probably a 75-yard shot. I saw him still standing off to the right so I took another shot and I thought I saw him go down and when I went and looked, there he was! Not a bad sized boar and #149 and 13th for the year Woo Hoo! I am so happy!

My congratulations to Kareen in our wild and wonderful Texas outdoors!  Way to go girl and I'm so proud of you!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...