A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Proud Hunting Day With Grandson!

This was a proud day for me (Gran Gran) when my grandson got his first deer with my .270 Ruger Featherweight. We were in a stand on a levee at Jasper Bottom Hunting Club on the Big Black River, when this 5 pt. buck came across. Carl made the 100 yard shot! I had to literally grab him so he would not fall off the stool when he shot. We waited a bit and went to check on the deer. It had pushed itself down to the other side of the levee. I told Carl you will have to shoot again and he got down on one knee and shot again. This was a youth weekend hunt. I had the horns mounted on a plaque and he proudly displays it in his room. Way to go Carl!

2 comments:

Editor said...

do you know where I can get a used .270 featherweight?

Marian Ann Love said...

Are you talking about "my" .270?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...