A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, June 14, 2009

On Top of Fort Hill

The barrel of a cannon facing west on Fort Hill, Vicksburg, MS.

Battlefield cannon facing north on Fort Hill, Vicksburg, MS.

Battlefield cannon on Fort Hill facing west. Their are only two cannons positioned there.

Port of Vicksburg from Fort Hill.

Anderson-Tully Company's lumber yard from Fort Hill.

Bob and I drove up to Fort Hill yesterday afternoon for a scenic look of the Yazoo Diversion Canal, Lake Centennial and of course Louisiana. It was a beautiful - but hot Saturday of 93 degrees! I brought my digital camera to take some pictures but the intense glare of the sun was so bad that I really could not see what I was taking. I did get a few that are worth sharing. The picture above is part of Anderson-Tully Company (ATCO) where Bob had worked as Director of Labor Relations from 1980 until his retirement on disability in 1994. ATCO's home office is in Memphis, TN.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...